Krafton released patch 22.1 for PUBG, and Vikendi is now populated with polar bears. They can be met in normal and custom modes, attacking players when they are within a specific range. Other changes include weapon rebalance, addition of thermal scopes, and return of moonlight weather.
New creature: bear
- Bears can be killed.
- Bears will begin to attack if you are within a certain range.
- Bear warning signs have been added throughout the map.
- Bear kill/damage stats will not reflect on your Profile Overview, Stats, Match History, Mastery, and End of Match screen.
- Moonlight weather will appear randomly in matches.
- Only available in Vikendi in Normal Matches, Custom Matches
New Scope: Thermal 4x Scope
- The Thermal Scope utilizes heat signatures to help you detect obscured enemies more easily. This includes enemies hiding in smoke, darkness, brush, etc.
- The Thermal Scope is a world spawn item.
- Only available in Vikendi in Normal and Custom Matches
- (PC) Available on every map through Sandbox Mode.
Main Gameplay changes
- Damage: 51 -> 50
- Initial Bullet Speed: 930m/s -> 900m/s
- Recoil recovery: Reduced by approximately 6%.
- Recoil speed: Increased by approximately 2%.
Weapon spawn balance
- Spawn rates of 5.56mm and 7.62mm weapons (AR, DMR, LMG only) were adjusted to have them share similar spawn rates, and to provide more primary weapon options to our players.
- This spawn balance applies to every map and mode.
- Zima has been slightly sized up.
- Vehicle models with open roofs such as the UAZ, Mirado, and Pickup Truck have been removed as they made drivers/passengers a bit too vulnerable.
- Dacia and UAZ will now spawn in Taego.
- Trunks have been added to Pickup Trucks and UAZ.
- Capacity: 250
Intense Battle Royale mode
- Available in Custom Matches.
- Min: 2 players, max: 16 players
- FPP/TPP both available.
- Maps are selectable among Erangel/Miramar/Taego/Deston, but the specific play areas within each map will be selected randomly.
- The new Moonlight weather/Bear/Thermal 4x Scope have been added to Vikendi’s Custom Match settings.
- Haven has been added to Custom Match.
The developers also added new spawn places on various maps, and fixed a number of bugs and performance issues. The full list of changes is available on the official website.
Share this article with friends