The first season of Overwatch League starts on January 10, 2018 and will continue until July 2018. There’s also going to be a preseason, which will start on December 6 and feature a set of exhibition matches with all 12 teams. In the first season of the league all matches will be played at the Blizzard Arena in Burbank, California. In the following seasons, there will be home and away matches.
The last three members of Overwatch League are esports organizations Team EnVyUs and OpTic Gaming, as well as Comcast Spectator – a company that owns the hockey club Philadelphia Flyers and the basketball team Philadelphia 76. Thus, the league is fully formed with 12 franchises representing major cities in Asia, Europe and North America.
List of members and the cities they represent:
· Boston, United States – Robert Kraft, owner of the American football team New England Patriots;
· New York, United States – SterlingVC, owner of the baseball team New York Mets;
· London, England – esports organization Cloud9;
· Los Angeles, United States – esports organization Immortals;
· Los Angeles, United States – Kroenke Sports & Entertainment group, owner of the football club Arsenal and the basketball club Denver Nuggets;
· Miami–Orlando, United States – esports organization Misfits;
· San Francisco, United States – esports organization NRG eSports;
· Dallas, United States – esports organization Team EnVyUs;
· Houston, United States – esports organization OpTic Gaming;
· Philadelphia, Untied States – Comcast Spectacor, owner of the hockey club Philadelphia Flyers and the basketball team Philadelphia 76;
· Shanghai, China – Internet technology company NetEase;
· Seoul, South Korea – esports organization Lunatic-Hai.