Overwatch has released its latest and it is a big one. The November 13 update introduces Ashe to the live server, the newest hero to the game. It is worth mentioning that as with all new heroes, Ashe will not be playable in competitive matchmaking for another to weeks to allow for any tweaking and learning to be done.
Patch Highlights incoming!
New Hero: Ashe
Hero Balance Updates
User Interface Updates
The classy B.O.B.
Discover the full 1.30 patch notes https://t.co/Jebkf9FsYd pic.twitter.com/8cJ9eME7bo
— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) November 13, 2018
In addition to the new hero, several other veterans of the game have received some adjustments. Mercy, Reaper, Symmetra, and Roadhog are each receiving a buff with Roadhog’s covering the most ground.
Mercy’s ult now costs 15% less and when in her ultimate she will heal for 60 per second, up from the previous 50.
Reaper has seen the spread of his weapon buffed and the amount of life steal he has increased by 10%, up to 30% from 20%.
Symmetra received a 20% increase to the rate at which her primary fire beam charges.
Roadhog was buffed across the board with his hook now firing .2 seconds faster, slows down the target of the hook, and comes off of cool down faster. His shots will now be more accurate as the spread randomization has been reduced by half. His ultimate ability now fires with an increased maximum velocity with the horizontal recoil reduced.
Outside of hero buffs, this update comes filled to the cusp with various bug fixes. You can check out the full patch notes from Blizzard below:
Ashe’s arsenal of weapons makes her a versatile offensive hero, capable of setting up the perfect situation to shoot down dangerous enemies from range or deal high area-of-effect burst damage to groups of heroes.
Her primary weapon isthe Viper, a lever-action rifle with two firing modes: semi-automatic and aim down sights. In semi-automatic mode, the Viper shoots rapidly with a high spread. Aiming down the sights lets Ashe line up precise shots, increasing damage at the expense of speed.
She can turn any situation into her favor with herCoach Guna short-range, high-impact sidearm that deals big damage and clears the way by knocking back nearby enemies. It can also be used to knock herself back for added mobility, either to reposition herself for a clear shot, or to escape pursuing enemies.
Ashe’sDynamiteability is a thrown explosive that detonates after a delay. It deals damage in a wide radius and sets enemies on fire for additional damage over time. She can also shoot the dynamite to detonate it early, allowing her to damage unsuspecting enemies.
Her ultimate ability,B.O.B., sends Ashe’s loyal omnic companion rushing into the fray, shoving aside the frontline to rough up targets in the backline.
To learn more about Ashe, clickhere.
As with all new heroes, please note that Ashe’s release in Competitive Play will be delayed by two weeks.
- Made jump height consistent across hero roster
Developer CommentsMercy’s ultimate was charging a bit too slowly after her base healing was reduced in a previous update. These changes should restore some of her ultimate’s strength and let it build up more quickly.
- Ultimate cost reduced 15%
- Healing per second increased from 50 to 60
Developer Comments:Reaper’s specialty is fighting at a very close range. The more consistent spread pattern and increase in healing from his passive ability will make him more capable of standing toe-to-toe with his enemies.
- Spread randomization reduced by 50%
- Spread pattern adjusted
- Life steal increased from 20% to 30% of damage dealt
Developer Comments:Roadhog is receiving several large changes to make his abilities more consistent. His Chain Hook had issues with breaking when enemy targets jumped or fell behind environment collision. It will now slow them down in the air more when the hook lands, and wait less time before it starts reeling them in. Since Chain Hook’s cooldown now begins immediately upon use, so it no longer varies based on Roadhog’s distance to the hook target. We’ve also moved some of the projectiles closer to the center of the spread pattern on his Scrap Gun, which gives him a more consistent damage output for its primary and alternate fire. Previously, there was a long-standing bug that caused close-range targets to fly much further than expected. After this bug was fixed, we still wanted to keep some of the knockback burst it provided, so we’ve increased the overall velocity cap to maintain some of that functionality.
- Decreased the delay before pulling a hooked target from 0.5 seconds to 0.3 seconds
- Now greatly reduces the target’s momentum upon being hooked
- Cooldown now begins immediately, instead of after the target has been pulled
- Spread pattern adjusted for both primary and secondary fire
- Spread randomization reduced by 50%
- Knockback maximum velocity increased by 25% (from 8 to 10 meters per second)
- Horizontal recoil decreased slightly
Developer CommentsIt’s still difficult to use Symmetra’s Photon Projector beam effectively, even after its range was increased. By speeding up the primary fire charge rate, it takes less time to ramp up to its full damage potential and will be a stronger option when she’s presented with targets to charge up on.
- Primary fire beam charges up 20% faster
- Reduced the setup timer for Assault, Escort, and Assault/Escort maps from 1 minute to 45 seconds
- Assemble Your Team timer increased from 10 to 25 seconds in the second round on Assault, Assault/Escort, and Escort maps
- Removed the “Unlock All” option in the Hero Gallery
- Fixed a bug that caused Mei bots to attempt landing headshots on Wrecking Ball while he was immune to them in Roll mode
- Fixed a bug that caused bots to get stuck near Point A on Eichenwalde
- Fixed a bug that prevented Brigitte’s Whip Shot from going on cooldown if it was interrupted before the chain retracted
- Fixed a bug that prevented victims of Doomfist’s Rocket Punch from ragdolling if they were eliminated by it
- Fixed a bug that prevented Doomfist’s Rising Uppercut from damaging enemies
- Fixed a bug that prevented Doomist’s Seismic Slam from dealing damage if he hit by a knockback ability the moment he landed
- Fixed a bug that caused Junkrat to return to his idle animation if he was stunned while using RIP-Tire
- Fixed a bug that caused some allied heroes to say their “under attack” voice lines when receiving a friendly Sound Barrier
- Fixed bug that prevented Orisa’s Fortify from canceling Doomfist’s Rising Uppercut air control effects
- Fixed a bug that allowed Reinhardt’s Earthshatter to hit Brigitte when she blocked it with her Barrier Shield if she was strafing during high latency periods
- Fixed a bug that prevented Chain Hook from going on cooldown if it was interrupted before the chain retracted
- Fixed a bug that prevented Chain Hook from destroying breakable objects when pulling the target backward
- Fixed a bug that caused Roadhog’s Whole Hog visual effects to cover a wider area than the spread of projectiles
- Fixed a bug that prevented Symmetra to charge up her primary weapon on enemy ice walls
- Fixed a bug that prevented Santaclad Torbjörn’s ultimate voice lines from playing when activating Molten Core
- Fixed a visual issue that prevented Molten Core’s magma globules from appearing in the correct place with his Barbarossa or Blackbeard skins equipped
- Fixed an animation issue that caused Torbjörn’s claw arm to suddenly appear when Overload and Molten Core were used in quick succession
- Fixed an issue that caused Tracer to accelerate slightly slower and decelerate slightly faster than other heroes
- Fixed a bug that prevented Wrecking Ball voice lines from playing when previewed after opening a Loot Box
- Fixed a bug that allowed heroes to charge through a Graviton Surge without getting trapped
- Fixed an issue that caused some heroes legs to twitch when viewed in the Hero Gallery
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from rotating heroes in the Hero Gallery while the UI was hidden
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to hear the voice lines of heroes controlled by players they muted
- Fixed a bug that prevented the payload from healing attackers if they were damaged while pushing it on Assault/Escort and Escort maps
- Fixed a lighting issue that caused a skyscraper in Hollywood’s skyline to appear pitch black
Share this article with friends